You have one life to live here on this earth, and you have a specific purpose why you are here. And quite frankly, you don't have time to waste. There are three things that keep you where you are, instead of where you want to be.
Agency: knowing that you are responsible for the outcomes around you. Never play the victim. Once you take ownership of every situation, you begin to see the impact your actions and attitudes on your outcomes. For the things in our control, we are in charge of our actions. For the things outside of our control, we are still in charge of our attitudes. In the end, our role is integral to our outcomes. Never play the victim.
Progress: making consistent growth to achieve and become better each day. Every day is filled with choices, and each choice can take you either closer or further from your mission and goals. Make sure you always work towards progress. Each day, you should be able to say, "I am better today than I was yesterday, but not as good as I will be tomorrow."
Purpose: being connected to, and driven by, something much bigger than yourself. The literal definition of purpose is 1.) the reason for which something is done or created, or for which something exists; 2.) to have as one's intention or objective. You were created for something; you exist for a reason beyond yourself. Make your mission your objective, and let it drive you.
That's when life get's juicy. You'll feel less stress, and more clarity; less overwhelm, more peace; less self-doubt, more self respect.
But what keeps us stuck? Basic physics.
Objects at rest tend to stay at rest. (Otherwise known as "inertia", for my fellow nerds. It is the tendency to do nothing or to remain unchanged.")
We've got to get over the initial hump in order to get back in motion. And admittedly, it's much easier to create momentum when you already have some.
Being stuck can be a lonely and frustrating place; it can be depressing and defeating. But you know what will beat your depression and defeat? Your D.R.E.A.M.S. (Yes, we love cheesy acronyms! It helps you remember, okay? :)
1. Declaration: The first step to getting where you want to go is understanding where you are. Admit you are stuck. The first and most famous step of healing in AA's famous 12 Step program is declaration. "Hi, I'm ____, and I am stuck."
2. Reflection: Think about a past success where you felt a real sense of purpose. What were you thinking in that moment? What were you doing that was working? Then ask yourself, "If I still thought like that, what action would I be taking right now to get unstuck?"
3. Execution: Take small steps each day based on this answer. Consistency is the key. One of the best ways to gain momentum is to model success you've had in the past. And remember, imperfect action is always better than perfect inaction.
4. Asking: Identify people you trust who can lift you up and support you. Then ask them for that support. One of the coolest commandments is "ask, and you shall receive."
5. Mentorship: Work with and learn from someone you respect who models the traits you need to move forward, while you get your momentum going.
6. Service: You never have to look far to find someone you can help. The quickest cure to feeling "helpless" is to help someone else. You were not put on this earth to be served, but to serve. So sitting around waiting to be served is the surest way to stay stuck.
Acting on your D.R.E.A.M.S. will get you unstuck and on track.
You've got this! The only thing it takes to break the "Stuck" is one step. So commit to just one step today, no matter how small. Because the best insight without action is useless, so get out there and let's make it happen!
Your biggest cheerleader,
P.S. If you are ready to turn your passion into profit, apply to our Meraki Masterclass. There is currently a wait list, but if you sign up, we'll make sure you'll be the first to know once the doors open again!