• Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon
  • Black YouTube Icon
  • Black Pinterest Icon

© 2019 by Uncommonly Positive, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 

The Changing Workplace

 

 

"Change can be scary; but you know what's scarier?

Allowing fear to stop you from

growing, evolving, and progressing."

-Mandy Hale

 

The workplace is being constantly rocked by changes.

 

Over the years, we have seen the collapse of massive financial institutions, auto manufacturers, real estate companies, and thousands of businesses around the globe. 

 

Many people are now asking: Has the process of finding fulfilling work changed too?

 

Well, yes. And no.

 

Yes, the process of connecting with people and organizations has changed. Yes, old work models are fading, and new business models are taking over. So the opportunities haven't disappeared. They just look different.

 

But we know that with any change, there's new opportunities. 

 

The world has become flattened. You can do work from anywhere in the world, for anyone in the world. How, you ask? You're looking at it as we speak. That pretty little screen of yours is the bridge between you and the rest of the globe; it's the door between possibility and opportunity. 

 

The chances of having a "job" with a guaranteed salary and benefits are dwindling. The idea of "job security" is becoming quickly outdated. Layoffs loom large in times of recession; outsourcing is becoming more efficient; and robots are replacing employees. 

 

BUT. . . it's never been easier to define new work models that allow for that increased time, freedom, and income. 

 

And no, the process for finding work that "fits" -- work that is an application of our purpose -- has not changed. 

 

I believe the process of finding fulfilling work is 80% looking inward. And that process has not changed. We have better tools now, but the process itself has not changed.  The other 20% is implementation. 

 

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree

and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."

-Abraham Lincoln

 

The process of looking inward, is a proven strategy to uncover your unique talents, forge a clear focus, and then finding -- or creating -- the appropriate application, in order to do meaningful, purposeful, profitable work.

 

Meraki Ventures is design to look at the changing landscape of work, and how we can harness those changes to help you create the life and work you love.

 

The process of a finding work that fits is not a one time event. It is a process. Whether you are 18 or 82, it involves an ongoing understanding of who you are and who you are becoming. Each transition point in your life, even if it's unexpected or unwelcomed, is a fresh opportunity to reexamine ourselves, realign our priorities, and refine our vision.

 

The process of discovering and doing the work you love allows you to continue to grow, and to contribute to the world in a rich and meaningful way.  

 

Remember, you were gifted to make a difference. And the world needs that special something that only you have. 

 

 

 

Please reload

Featured Posts

Sparking Positive Change

1/4
Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Search By Tags